I’m back again with another movie review! I watched a ton of movies over this Christmas weekend so I’ll probably be posting reviews of them all sometime within the next few days.
WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD
Plot: Three teens (or maybe adults idk) break into the house of a military vet to steal $300,000 he had won in a settlement. The vet turns out to be blind so they decide to rob him while he’s still in the house (stupid idea). He turns out to be super skilled in the art of killing people and uses his hearing as a way to chase them around the house.
- I think the film did a really good job of building up the suspense through the use of camera angles and darkness. There were times when I was actually holding my breath
- It wasn’t as predictable as I thought it might turn out to be. The plot twist where the girl in the basement was actually pregnant caught me off guard. Also, I thought for sure that Alex was dead after getting stabbed by those shears, but I guess the human body is an amazing thing
- Definitely not your typical home invasion movie
This movie actually had some really weird things happening that I guess aren’t necessarily bad but I’ll discuss them here:
- The scene where the the blind man’s semen was dripping out of the turkey baster was utterly disgusting. I’m not one to be squeamish when it comes to things like blood and gore but for some reason during that scene I was too done.
- Also during that same scene, the blind man starts randomly talking about God and how He can’t possibly exist if these kinds of acts exist. I think that little monologue threw me off.
- In the beginning, it seemed that Alex was the voice of reason so I thought he would live in the end. Weirdly enough, Rocky lives even though it was her that lowkey kept holding them back. But whatever.
- Maybe this is just me being hopeful but I kind of expected his hearing to be more at a superhuman level. Like, the way the trailer made it seem was that he could hear them breathing from across the house. But I guess this is why you should never trust trailers.
Overall Rating: 6/10
The movie as a whole kept me entertained well enough that I was able to get through the whole thing. However, I’m really picky about my thrillers and I feel like this isn’t a movie I would ever watch again. It wasn’t particularly outstanding. BUT I hear they are making a sequel so maybe the series can redeem itself
Until next time,
Hit me up on social media!